This recipe featured in a Christmas edition of Image Interiors magazine. Donal Skehan prepared this Panna Cotta as a lighter alternative to the traditional plum pudding.
4 gelatine leaves
2 tbsp caster sugar
4 tbsp milk
500g Killowen Farm natural yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Raspberry Coulis:
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp caster sugar
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water in a shallow dish.
- Put the sugar and milk in a small pan and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Take the gelatine out of the water, squeeze out any extra liquid and stir it into the hot milk. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the yogurt and vanilla extract, then pour into the individual serving glasses. Chill in the fridge for about 3 hours or until set.
- To make the sauce, place the raspberries, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan with 1 tbsp. water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and pass the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Serve the set panna cotta topped with the raspberry coulis.