350g/12oz Wholemeal Flour
200g/7oz White Flour
1 tsp Bread Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
2 cartons Killowen Farm natural yogurt mixed with
200ml/scant 1/2pt Milk or Water
- Sieve the white flour, salt and bread soda into a bowl.
- Mix in the wholemeal and bran.
- Add enough yogurt/milk mix to make a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board. Knead until the mixture comes together smoothly.
- Place dough on a greased baking sheet. Cut a cross over the top.
- Place in a central oven position and bake in a preheated oven 400°F/ 200°C/ Gas 6 for about 40 min. When baked the bread will have a hollow sound if tapped on the base.
- Cool on a wire tray. If you wrap a dry tea towel around the bread it helps to give a softer crust.